Sleep is still a challenge - I am hoping that within a week I will start being able to fall asleep more easily, as the residual caffeine effects work themselves out, and that my sleep will be more restful. Last night, as is my usual these days, I had very vivid dreams which, when I woke up, made me feel like I had been in conscious thought all night, even though I know I was sleeping. Not very restful to be solving problems actively, even in your sleep! I do enough of that when I am awake!
The main negative side effect of caffeine withdrawal this morning is hypersensitivity to sound. The baby was crying, and Molly was playing with her trying to comfort her, and due to my withdrawal headache, or maybe just due to the withdrawal itself, every sound louder than a whisper feels like someone is shooting a nail gun directly into my ear canal.
At the moment, I am drinking my one (1, uno, un, ONLY) cup of coffee for today, trying to relish every last drop - wish me luck. I am going to need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment