Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lately, my days have followed a certain pattern, best illustrated by the graph I discovered below:
As a result of countless recent nights of lackluster sleep, I am committing to ridding my body of caffeine.  Only the brave attempt to do this cold turkey.  I am not one of the brave.  Therefore, beginning tomorrow, I will slowly start weaning myself off of my daily coffee intakes (note, intakeS - as in VERY plural - as in sometimes 5-6 cups/day) over the course of the next 3 weeks or so.  Tune in to this blog if you are interested, as I am, in seeing the (hopefully) positive effects this can have on a person.  Those of you who know me know that I love my coffee.  What you don't know is I was once an ADAMANT non-coffee drinker.  Because I would like to have a good night's sleep again, and stop dropping things because my hands are jittery, and stop feeling like there is steam coming out of my ears for no reason whatsoever, and a myriad of other bad side-effects of this daily "miracle drug", I am becoming an non-coffee drinker once more.

With all of that said, here is today's post: 
Day 1:  I have a mild headache.  It has been 3 hours since my last drink of caffeine.  I am already craving some.  This does not bode well . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment