Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 2 of coffee smackdown, and all in all it is going well.  A couple days ago I had a 2 hour stretch where I believe my head was ACTUALLY floating wistfully above my body, but on the upside, I am sleeping MUCH better already.  Coffee cravings are not too bad, but do come around from time to time.  Here are some of the things I am using to relieve that hankerin' for JAVA:

1) fake java (AKA Decaf)
2) gardening
3) uncontrollable weeping (surprisingly just as addictive as caffeine)
4) Diet caffeine free Dr. Pepper that my hubby got for me with love (hence, my newly budding aspartame addiction, but who's counting?)
5) Old Jerry Springer episodes (not really, but it seems like they could replace Caffeine, if I had cable.)

I am taking suggestions on other vices I could pick up, or substitutes, antidotes, etc.  Maybe a caffeine patch?  Starbucks was developing one, weren't they?  "I'd like a Venti half-caf soy vanilla patch. Left arm please.  With whip."  The with whip is when they stick it on you and then smack you on the butt and say "Have a great day, mmmmkay?"

1 comment:

  1. My suggestions: learning to play the spoons, norovirus, mini trampolining, schulplatter dancing

    ReplyDelete